eg. What are symptoms of chlamydia?

How do I approach a doctor about a possible STD?

Asked by on

How should I approach telling the doctor about a possible STD? What happens if I get an erection when she looks at it? Please help! I am one of those kids who’s face turns red and I start sweating when I have to get in front of a group of people. Please help me figure out a way to feel most comfortable telling them about it. What should I say?



December 16th, 2017 at 8:18 pm

My best friend once got an erection during an exam (female Dr) she just casually thumped it. He said he was so embarrased that it shrunk fast.

I once had to go for a problem and of course the Dr on duty was a female. Was real nervous, showed her and she was so nonchalant about it told me what it was, what to do and I went home.

No big deal, just tell them

August 25th, 2014 at 10:08am

Best thing to do is be up front with your physician, Your penis is probably one of hundreds that she has seen, If you have any hang ups with a female doctor then change to a male, but believe me that the human anatomy is well known by both female and male Dr,s. You should be a little more worried about having an STD instead of getting an erection.

March 28th, 2020 at 2:48pm

Then go to the male doctor. You won’t be having erection. If you are both bisexual, then don’t worry, the doctor will only examine you if it is necessary. otherwise, he/she only get your blood and send it to the lab to test. No worries at all. Be cool!

Please signup or login to answer this question.